What watch do you wear? Why?

I noticed one of our interns wearing a baby Rolex after his graduation the other week. I guess it was a gift from his parents (or to himself).

Around the same time, I noticed that my colleague had a great big Hublot type thing. He got married a few months before, but I never noticed his watch until now.

I looked down at my Grand Seiko (that I got for myself) and sighed. I feel poor and single, and I must look poor and single.

What watch do you / your peers wear? What do you think it says about you/them?

I wear a WWII submariner’s watch. Still works well, and it’s a nice bit of memorabilia. Family heirloom, too.

… Deutsche Bank, I assume?

Swatch, like all the best Goldman boys

1 Like

Pictet, actually… Why?

My favorite show pieces are watches, Tag, Gucci, Movado, Longines, Cartier and Rolex I have acquired at least one of each only due to achieving educational goals and work-related promotions mostly gifts from people who are watching me in my career. I’m quite thankful!

1 Like

How does one encounter the bearers of such gifts? I too have achieved my educational milestones but the watch shower hasn’t hit me yet

Friends and Family asked what I liked instead of saying bracelets I stated watches and had celebrations each time I was promoted or hit an education milestone even when I received a certificate, or small scholarships.